Moneymix Blog Moneymix(tm) Blog

  • Mobile Home Security That's Good for Renters (and Homewoners)

    Mobile Home Security That's Good for Renters (and Homewoners)

    Until very recently, I thought there were maybe two or three companies that offered home security systems. What’s more, I thought that these systems were only a possibility if you were a home owner (not if you rented). But many companies offer security systems and monitoring services, so there are many choices for renters and…
  • How Do You Convince Your Boss You Deserve a Raise? Read This.

    How Do You Convince Your Boss You Deserve a Raise? Read This.

    Every company has different annual review policies. Some wait until March to review employees to tailor year-end bonuses to last year's total earnings. Others go by anniversary date. But even if you just had your annual review before the holiday season, it's not too early to start thinking about how to improve for this year.
  • Save Money, Time By Buying Groceries Online

    Save Money, Time By Buying Groceries Online

    If you’ve ever re-evaluated your grocery budget, you have probably found a few ways to save money.
    For example, it’s not a good idea to grocery shop while hungry—you tend to buy way more than you need. So grab a bite to eat before you hit the aisles if you’re budget conscious.This is pretty…
  • The 4 Best Things You Could Do With Your Tax Refund

    The 4 Best Things You Could Do With Your Tax Refund

    For many of us who have recently graduated school (hooray for student loans) or are still in school (enjoy that deferment), tax season can be a happy time financially. Many people will get a substantial tax refund from the IRS. And more will squander that money before it has a chance to make it through…
  • Why You Should Really Be Saving For Retirement Now. Like Right This Second.

    Why You Should Really Be Saving For Retirement Now. Like Right This Second.

    According to US News & World Report, only 40% of Americans participate in an employer-sponsored retirement program, such as a 401(k). That's a great statistic for that 40%, but bad news for the other 60%. Pensions are virtually nonexistent and Social Security won't be enough to retire comfortably. 
    And if you're young, NOW is the…
NCUA insured